Essiac Tea | Immune System Support
Essiac tea is a traditional Native American formula that was rediscovered by nurse Rene Caisse of Canada.
Essiac tea is a mixture of roots, bark and leaves sold worldwide as a health tonic.
The original Essiac mixture is made up of four ingredients: burdock root, sheep sorrel, slippery elm and Indian (or Turkey) rhubarb root.
How to Prepare:
1. Boil 1/2 gallon of spring or distilled water in a stainless steel pot.
2. Stir in 2 oz of Essiac Tea, cover pot.
3. Boil 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and stir. Cover and let sit for 12 hours at room temperature.
5. Stir, cover and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
6. Strain through a fine mesh, funnel liquid into a clean amber glass bottle and cap. Tighten cap after cooling.
Mixture will stay fresh two-three weeks if refrigerated
How to take:
Drink one cup every night before bed, and/or in the morning with food.