Atlantic Gold Irish Sea Moss 2oz (Harvested from Grenada)
Sea Moss, commonly referred to as Irish Moss in the Caribbean is a red algae harvested from the ocean. It is packed with Protein, Fiber, Vitamins and Minerals. Because of its high iodine content, this superfood is mainly used for Thyroid disorders. Sea Moss also soothes the mucus membranes in the body, making it a natural decongestant and digestive aid.
Last but not least, it is also used as a natural aphrodisiac for men. It helps to boost sperm count and increase performance.
How to Prepare Sea Moss
Below is a simple way and effective way to prepare Irish moss in less than 15 minutes!
1. Wash thoroughly with water to remove salt or other impediments (Sea Moss grows wild in the ocean).
2. Blend 6 oz of Irish Moss with 32 oz of hot water for a few minutes (initially blend at low speed to prevent splashing as blender cuts through the moss).
3. Add two cinnamon sticks, a teaspoon of ginger root and blend for a few more minutes until smooth.
4. The gel can be stored up to 10 days in the refrigerator. It can also be added to smoothies or other recipes as a thickening agent.
HOW TO CONSUME SEA MOSS:
2 oz of Sea Moss gel added to any smoothie or recipe
MAIN SEA MOSS (IRISH MOSS) USES
This is just a quick summary of the amazing benefits of Sea Moss, be sure to read our Sea Moss Benefits article for more in-depth information:
1. Dissolve mucus in the body
Its natural potassium chloride content makes it a natural decongestant.
2. Support thyroid function
Packed with iodine, it helps to regulate hormones and support healthy thyroid function.
3. Healthy Digestive support
It gently coats the digestive tract and helps to heal the body of ulcers
4. Mood enhancement
The potassium in Sea Moss promotes a healthy mental and emotional state.
5. Boost fertility
Packed with zinc, it increases fertility and performance in men.
6. Support weight loss
Its high fiber content help to create a feeling of fullness and curb appetite.
7. Supply essential nutrients
It contains 92 essential minerals in every serving
8. Anemia support
Rich in natural iron, Sea Moss is fully beneficial to anemia patients.
9. Increase joint health
The anti-inflammatory benefits of this seaweed is ideal for those suffering with joint pain or arthritis.
10. Support tissue repair
New studies show Sea Moss' ability to decrease recovery time after surgery and speed tissue repair.
11. Help prevent radiation poisoning
Sea Moss helps to cleanse the body of toxins and lingering radiation poisoning.
SEA MOSS PRECAUTIONS
- Though there are no reported long term effects of Irish Moss, it does have some blood thinning properties. If you are taking anticoagulant medication (blood thinners), please consult a physician before adding Sea Moss to your Diet.
- Pregnant or breast feeding mothers should abstain from consuming Irish Moss as the effects are not yet researched.